Elite Massage Professionals
Elite Bio-Mechanics of Sports Massage 6 Hr CE Course
This is a 6 Hour CE Course that presents a general to complex framework for sports massage protocols and applications. Course participants will gain knowledge in the following sports massage components:
1. Students will identify and demonstrate 5 stages (not just 3 stages) of sports massage
2. Students will identify physical and psychological effects of Sports Massage on an athletic body
3. Students will identify mechanical and reflexive effects of Sports Massage on an athletic body
4. Students will identify and demonstrate proper massage strokes and techniques necessary for athletes
5. Students will identify the business complexities of working in the sports massage field.
6. Students will identify and demonstrate proper intake and communications skills
7. Students will identify contraindications for sports massage
This is not what you learned in school.
This course is taught through class participated lectures, hands-on demonstrations, and exchanges. Handouts will be provided as well.
A sample of course layout:
- Icebreakers & Introduction
- Identify proper body mechanics of Sports Massage
- Identifying 5 stages of Sports Massage
- Identifying and demonstrating the proper techniques and strokes of Sports Massage
- Identifying the mechanical, reflexive, psychological, and physical effects of Sports Massage
- Identifying the contraindications of Sports Massage
- Identifying and demonstrating the proper intake and communication skills of Sports Massage
- Identifying the business complexities of Sports Massage
- Demonstrating Pre, Mid, and Post stages of Sports Massage
- Pre Sports Massage Exchanges (15 Minutes Each, 5 Minute Cleaning)
- Post Sports Massage Exchanges (15 Minutes Each, 5 Minute Cleaning)
- Q & A
- Hand out Certificate of Participation
This course is open to LMP's, LMT's, RMT's and any others who wish to learn more on the topic. Knowledge of the basic concepts of massage techniques and strokes is preferred.
Please bring the following:
Please wear comfortable freely moveable clothing and supportive footwear.
You may want to
bring drinks and snacks as well.
We have a fridge and microwave if needed.
March 5th & 6th 2011 Course
"Very informative and patient. Describe every move with lots of details. Very good, positive energy. More information than I was taught in school about body mechanic and massage technique." ~ S. Lim, LMP
October 3rd & 4th 2011 Course
"Everything was great." ~ E. Pick, LMP
November 3, 2012 Course
"Todd is obviously an expert in his field, and I appreciate the opportunity to learn from him!" ~ Anonymous
June 25, 2017 Course
Elite Massage Professionals
4009 Bridgeport Way West, Suite E-2
University Place, WA 98466
LMP CE Hours: 6
Each Person will receive a digital copy of the presentation.
Here are some sample photos of what these lectures can teach you.